1983 Transpacific Marine 49
New Bern, NC $199,000 USD
A perfect cruiser for families. Phalarope is a Transpacific 49 (Transpac 49) built to exacting standards, and meticulously outfitted by her owners. She is turn-key ready to sail. Her current owners have made many stories onboard. She is ready to go to new owners – for new stories.
She underwent an extensive refit in 2016 that included removing all teak decks and re-coring all decks and mast steps. One of the major issues in boats of this age is wet decks – especially decks with teak. These are essentially brand-new decks! Additionally, the masts were removed, rewired, and repainted. To keep children safe while underway, the previous owners customized the companionway steps and mid-cabin berths.
Phalarope sleeps a total of seven people comfortably in three private staterooms plus a pilot berth in the saloon. Forward stateroom has ample storage underneath each berth, hanging locker, bookshelves, two opening ports and a large hatch for great ventilation.
Mid cabin has two berths arranged as bunk-beds, washstand, hanging locker, ports and hatch for ventilation.
The forward head contains a Raritan Marine Elegance head and Lectrascan and a wash basin.
The saloon has a custom adjustable-height table with a U-shaped seating to port. The storage area in the saloon is something to see! The large freezer is located under the settee to starboard. Additionally on the starboard side is the front-access refrigerator and the convection/microwave oven.
Phalarope’s nav station is located in the passageway heading aft. It contains backup instrumentation, large chart table, breaker panels, access door to the engine room, and a Uline ice maker.
The aft stateroom is gorgeous! It has a double/queen athwartship berth, numerous lockers and drawers. It is illuminated by three transom windows. The opening ports and a large hatch provide ventilation. The master head contains a separate shower, wash basin, and Raritan PHII head with Lectrascan. The walk-in engine room and generator are access via a door to forward.
Length Overall: 48.5ft
Max Bridge Clearance: 60ft
Max Draft: 6ft
Sails and Rigging
- Ketch rig fully inspected in 2016
- Schafer rolling furling main
- Shaefer roller furling genoa
- Cruising spinnaker with sock
- Lewmar winches throughout
- Electric Lewmar winch on cabin
- Ford Lehman 2715E 120 HP 4333 Hours
- Paragon PM20L Transmission Rebuilt 2021
- Dual Racor Filters
- Oil change system for main engine, transmission, and generator
- Fuel: 2 68 Gal Aluminum Tanks – new 2021, 1 25 Gal steel tank - total fuel 160 gallons
- Water: 2 Stainless Steel Tanks. 1 rebuilt 2009, the other new in 2009. Total water 275 gallons
- Holding: 1 40 gallon tank new in 2021
- Ushaped Galley to port
- Double Stainless Steel sinks
- Wilsonart Deepstar Glaze counters with tile backsplash
- Frigoboat freezer and refrigerator (new in 2015)
- 3 burner propane stove
- Uline Ice-Maker
- Nav Station
- Standard Horizon GX5500X VHF
- Garmin 128 GPS
- Signet Marine Depth Sounder
- Vesper Marine XB8000 AIS
- Xantrex Link 2000 Battery Monitor
- Blue Sky Solar Boost 3000i Controler
- Standard Horizon GX2150 VHF
- Raymarine E80 Charplotter
- Raymarine ST60+ Wind, Tridata
- Raymarine Autopilot with remote
- Danforth Compass
- 12V DC and 110AC systems
- 6 Trojan 105 golf cart batteries for house bank
- 1 engine start battery
- 1 generator start battery
- 150 amp alternator
- Xantrex freedom 2500 inverter/charger
- Kyocera 255w solar panel (2015)
- 9 Kw Onan generator with remote start (2016, 486 hrs)
- Electrical panel completely updated in 2017
- ELCIs installed on both electrical inlets
- Promariner FS60 failsafe galvanic isolater
- 2 30 amp power cords with 50 amp splitter
Deck and Hull
- Fiberglass deck with custom non-skid. Completely overhauled and recored with Divinyseal.
- Custom hardtop with complete enclosure and lighting (2017)
- Maxwell VWC 2200 windlass
- Kato davits and motor lift
- Lifesling and lifejackets
- New Found Metals stainless steel ports
- Bottom painted in 2023
- Forward stateroom AC: Webasto FCF 9000 BTU – 2015
- Main Saloon AC: Marinaire 16000 BTU – 2019
- Aft Stateroom AC: Marine Air Vector VRM 9000 BTU
- Hot Water Heater: Raritan 12 gallons
- Village Wonder water maker
- Caribe MV10 dinghy with chaps, 15hp Yamaha 2-stroke outboard
- Anchor Washdown